Syntho-Glass® 24 consists of a thick fiberglass mat which is pre-impregnated with a water activated resin that hardens into a high energy absorbing and impact resistant rock shield. This system, when used with the preapproved corrosion coating of your choice, provides exceptional mechanical and impact protection. Syntho-Glass® 24 can be used underwater, underground or above ground pipes and piles.
- Mechanical Protection
- VOCs: None
- Working Time: 30 Minutes @ 75°F (24°C)
- Set Time: 2 Hours at 75°F (24°C)
- Resin Type: Water-activated polyurethane
- Resin Application: Pre-impregnated
- Service Temperature: -50° to 250°F (-46° to 121°C)
- Application Temperature: 32° to 150°F (-18° to 65°C)
- Shelf Life: 6 months with recommended storage conditions
- Impact resistance
- Energy absorbing
- Easy to apply
- No mixing, no measuring ensures consistent glass to resin ratio, therefore consistent results
- Can be applied in any weather condition, even underwater
- Our thickest water activated fiberglass provides strong impact resistant shell with only 4 layers
- Contains no solvents
Mechanical Properties *
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D3039||54,370 psi (3,748 bar)|
|Flexural Strength||ASTM D790||44,845 psi (3,093 bar)|
|Dielectric Strength||ASTM D149||16,060 Volts|
|Impact Resistance||ASTM G14 / G62||123 ft. lb. (167 J)|
For NRI's full range of testing on the Syntho-Glass® 24, please email email@example.com.
Refer to NRI’s detailed installation guide for additional system information.